How to connect your wallet to Ledger & Trezor
Extending the wallet offering for tEVM
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Security is always a concern for anything on the internet, and so is the case for cryptocurrencies. With the increasing user base, the number of crypto hacks and thefts is also on the rise.
Method 1: Use MetaMask with your Hardware Wallet:
You will need:
- A Metamask account
- A Hardware Wallet. Eg. Ledger hardware wallet to safeguard your private keys. Ledger devices come with a software called Ledger Live (available on mobile & desktop)
- View more detailed steps at: https://www.ledger.com/academy/security/the-safest-way-to-use-metamask
How to connect Ledger to Metamask:
- Connect your Ledger Nano to your computer device using a USB cable. Also, open your MetaMask wallet in full screen on your browser.
- Click on the top-right menu of the MetaMask wallet and then find and click on “Connect Hardware Wallet” in the drop-down menu.
- When you click “Continue,” MetaMask will look for a Ledger device connected to the computer. So, to make sure it discovers your wallet, unlock your Ledger device.
- Once it discovers your wallet, it will prompt you to choose a Ledger account that you would want to connect to MetaMask. Choose the one you prefer and finish (or create one from Ledger Live if you have none).
- Some last steps to make sure everything runs smoothly
- Click on the “Ethereum application” on your hardware wallet display then click on “settings” and turn on “blind signing” (please make sure you’re aware of the risks associated with blind signing). Or else it won’t work properly.
- Open the MetaMask window, click on the account logo on the top right corner, scroll down to “settings” and click. Then click “advanced settings”, scroll down and turn on “WebHID”.
- Complete. You can now view your Ledger wallet balance on your MetaMask extension. You will also be able to transact across all blockchain applications that support MetaMask.
Method 2: Use Anchor with your Hardware Wallet:
You will need:
- A Telos account
- A Hardware Wallet. Eg. Ledger - to safeguard your private keys. Ledger devices come with a software called Ledger Live.
How to connect Ledger to Anchor
The steps in converting an account to use a Ledger (or any hardware wallet) are as follows:
- Find the PUBLIC key of your Ledger device.
- Load the PRIVATE key of your account into Anchor.
- Change the PERMISSIONS of your account to use the PUBLIC key of the Ledger.
- Remove and re-import your account in Anchor.
View more detailed steps at: https://forums.eoscommunity.org/t/using-anchor-to-change-permissions-of-an-existing-eosio-account-to-use-a-ledger/3284
You may want to refer to one of these support articles:
How to deposit from Telos EVM in Metamask to Gate.io/ Kucoin
Ways to get TLOS onto / off the Telos EVM
Withdrawing TLOS from tEVM address
Metamask + Ledger: https://www.ledger.com/academy/security/the-safest-way-to-use-metamask
Anchor + Ledger https://forums.eoscommunity.org/t/using-anchor-to-change-permissions-of-an-existing-eosio-account-to-use-a-ledger/3284